What Kind Of Information Does Northern Imports Inc. Collect?
How Does Northern Imports Inc. Use My Information?
We may use your personal information to provide products and services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use this information for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, including marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with other persons using contact information you provide, such as when you designate another person as the recipient of a refer-a-friend message or a gift.
- To make your shopping experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient.
- To address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies, as well as to develop new products and services.
- To allow you to use our in-store and online technologies
- To provide consistent, personalized services across all channels and all of our brands, including to personalize our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers.
- To organize local community events, promotions and in-store experiences.
- To facilitate social sharing.
- To allow you to apply for an offer of credit from a payment card provider.
- To allow you to enroll and participate in a loyalty or customer relationship program.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal.
- To enforce our policies.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of Northern Imports Inc. and our employees, customers and others.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process.
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out.
How Does Northern Imports Inc. Share My Information?
We may share your personal information, such as in the following ways:
- Brands – When you provide personal information to one of our Northern Imports Inc. brands, we may share that information with our other Northern Imports Inc. brands.
- Direct Mail – If you purchase products through our website or by placing a catalog order by phone or mail, we may share your name, postal address, and shopping history with like-minded organizations for their direct mail marketing purposes. We do not share email addresses for such purposes. We also do not share personal information about customers who only browse, email comments, request a catalog, or request email updates, or who purchase only Northern Imports, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Northern Imports Outlet, Northern Imports Factory, Banana Republic Factory or Intermix merchandise. If you would prefer that we not share information about you with other companies, please let us know by contacting us.
- By You – You may disclose personal information when you post content to our websites, in-store technologies or other public forums, such as our brands’ social media pages, blogs, and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
- Service Providers – We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Third Parties – We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- Legal Requirements – We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of Northern Imports Inc. or others.
- Business Transfer – In the unlikely event of a sale or merger of Northern Imports Inc. or any of our businesses, our customers’ personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business asset.
- Other Disclosures – We also may share information about you as described at the point of collection or otherwise pursuant to your consent.